How to Get Into Canada with a DWI

As humans, we all make mistakes from time to time. Unfortunately, for millions of Americans the mistake they made was driving while intoxicated and now they are considered inadmissible to Canada due to criminality. Any foreign national that has a DUI or DWI on their criminal record in the last 10 years may be denied entry at the Canadian border unless they are given a Temporary Resident Permit allowing them to overcome their criminal offenses.

Whether you wish to cross the border for business or leisure purposes, even a driving under the influence of alcohol charge pleaded down to dangerous driving can lead to an American citizen being rejected by border security. It is never fun to be denied by immigration officers at an airport in Canada and flown home at your own expense, so the best advice for Americans with DUIs is to always play it safe and plan well in advance of your travel. A Temporary Resident Permit or TRP for short can be issued for as long as 3 years, and will enable a foreigner to get into the country during this time as easily as if they never had a criminal record in the first place. Criminal Rehabilitation Canada is a permanent solution for felons that are not citizens of the country, and foreign criminals can enter the country for the rest of their life once they successfully attain CR. is a great resource for anyone interested in learning more about entering Canada with a DWI.

Security guaranteed by the solutions

Entering into Muller & Associates means relying on a network of 3000 agents, organized in over 1700 agencies spread throughout USA.

Continue Reading